Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Service engine soon light is on. Code checked out as P0043.

Customer Question

Customer: Service engine soon light is on. Code checked out as P0043. No engine drivability issues.I just had the valve gaskets replaced. Could this be an issue stemming from that service?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No. That's it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

What year and Model Infiniti is this ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will you be answering my question soon?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2011 G25X
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

i am not the fastest typer so bear with me

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long will it take to get an answer?
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

P0043 is not a good code for your G25. how did you get this code?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I have been looking up this code for you. It is not listed in the factory service manual

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

did you use a code reader?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The mechanic said it was related to the catalytic converter, but when I looked online, at autocodes .com, it says faulty heated oxygen sensor or faulty engice control module. All I need from you is to tell med if when they replace the valve gaskets, are the o2 sensors near there and could they have messed something up when they did the service. Once I know that, then I can go back to them to have it taken care of.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

it is right around the p2 sensor codes. But that number code is not a good code. do you have a auto zone near you? They offer free scans. maybe have them scan it and return back with the code? I can keep this question open till you return with a good code.

Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please read my last reply and answer the question about whether this could be stemming from the valve gasket replacement repair!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I can give you that information cause the code number you are giving me is not in the factory service manual. It is not a catt converter code, and its number is ***** around the 02 sensor codes. But if you had this code checked with a code reader that can explain why it may not be able to read the code properly and round it off to a number in its system. So for me to properly help you I would need it re-scanned. That is why I asked if you can go to Auto Zone to have ot re-scanned and return back with the proper code?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you look on Autocodes.com where I told you I found the code. It's not the code I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about if when changing the valve gaskets the 02 sensor was messed with during the repair. Please answer the question!!!!!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I am looking in the factory service manual. If it is not listed in there, then it is not a good code number

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey, you are really starting to make me upset. Answer the question I am asking you!!!!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I am not trying to upset you at all. Hold on a min, I am going to take a snap shot of the manual and show you.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

There are many codes and each code can mean something different. So it's important to get the proper code number for me to give you the proper information. I am not trying to upset you what so ever. I just don't want to give you false information cause the code P0043 is not a listed code in the Factory Service Manual. If it's not listed in the factory service manual, then it's not a good code number.

It is very common if scanned with a code reader that if the code reader is old, it may not be able to put out the proper code number and it rounds it off in it's own software to a number it does have in it's system. Which would explain why you are given a wrong code

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What type of game are you playing here? I will not tolerate this anymore. If you do not answer my question, I want contact information for your supervisor!!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Are you not listening to me. I am not trying to play a game and I am not trying to upset you. I am showing you that the code number you were given is not a good code number. I am simply asking if you can have that rechecked.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Not giving you a proper code number is ***** being given a wrong combination to a lock. How am I suppose to open the lock with the wrong combination?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to be connected to a supervisor. You are refusing to answer a question that you dont need the code information for.
What is your incentive to not anserr my question?
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry, but I don't make up answers to help customers. When customers need particular information based on a code, I would look up that code number and supply them with the information they need. If the code number is ***** listed in the Factory Manual, then it's not a good code.

Understand something. I have worked for Nissan and Infiniti for over 20 years. What do I have to gain by not helping you? I have more to gain by helping you cause If I do, then I get paid. I have been going back and forth trying to get you to understand the code you were given is not a good code. So I can not give you any information on it. I simply asked if you can go to your local auto zone and have them re-scan it for you. I am sure they will give you a different code number which I will the be able to give you information on.

I am willing to keep this question open as long as you need till you can get me the proper code number to help you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your incentive then is to make money for Auto zone. If I reopened a new conversation and said nothing about a code, I could have the question aswered immediately. So answer the question or connect me to a supervisor. I don't want any other responses from you, other than the answer to my question or to be connected to a supervisor!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

How am I making money for Auto Zone if they do Free Scans? In your question you asked about Code P0043 and that there is no Driveablity issue. You just had your valve cover replaced could this stem from it. I would love to answer that but if I don't have a code to check, how do I know if it could have been tampered with when doing the valve cover?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I will put you in for a refund since it seems we are never going to get along on this issue. I was not trying to be difficult, I am simply trying to acquire the proper information to help you. I even took a snap shot of the factory service manual to show you the code is not listed in it.

Have a good day.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You answered with something other than what I asked for, now connect me to a supervisor!!!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You would need to go to that link. I put you in for a refund.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for nothing.You are horrible at your job.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry you feel that way. over 17k people don't feel that way. I guess you can't please everyone.

Thanks Jay!