Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a Q45 that has a P0011 bank 1 and P0021 bank 2 codes.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have a Q45 that has a P0011 bank 1 and P0021 bank 2 codes. Car would not start. Where to start?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well,...this is my nieces car,... claims the check engine light has been on for months, its over due an oil change, 3 days ago it had starting issues. It failed to start last night. I did an OBD check and it came up with P0011, P0021 codes. Its an 2002 Q45 3.5L
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 10 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today

generally the codes are you are getting are caused by faulty cam shaft sensor

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

90% of the time these two codes are caused by low engine oil. I would check your engine oil level and if low, set the oil level and then disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 min to clear the codes. Then see if the codes return. But that is the most common for these codes.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!