Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I'm planning on doing this repair myself on a 2012 with

Customer Question

I'm planning on doing this repair myself on a 2012 with 101,000 miles. I am not able to find the oil jet tool online to buy. Do you have one I could rent or buy? Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
J51269 includes both the installer and removal tool
Expert:  john aka eautp replied 1 year ago.

yes that's correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those are the tools I need. One isn't available for several weeks, and the other for several months.

have you tried ordering form a Nissan or infinity parts counter...they can order one in for you.. I am unaware of any other source besides the dealer or techmate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that and it's out of stock. That's why I was hoping to buy or rent one from you guys.

yea sorry to say we do not rent or sell tools on here... Have you asked your local dealers service manager if he would rent you theres?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I thought it might be a bit of a slap in the face since they don't get the $3000 worth of labor out of me. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask especially if I'm buying the parts from them.

hey a little cash in the service managers pocket could be a bonus for him... especially if ya give him a security deposit to cover the tool if ya break it or loose it etc etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I suppose so. So, how much to borrow yours? :)

mine is owned by the shop...its a shop tool not owned by me...sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would your service manager be willing to talk to me? Maybe I can line his pocket a little.

where are u located

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Central Missouri

we use it often to send it from the east coast to you would likely not be a option...try your local Nissan or infiniti store..ill ask tomorrow but need to look at the weeks appointments

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The special tool to remove it pulls it out of the block just grabs the oil jet to pull it out You may be able to use some sort of slide hammer to remove it. The really key tool is the one that installs it. It puts the oil jet in the perfect direction. I would see if you can leave a deposit to borrow the dealers tool. The return the tool to get your deposit back.

Here is a video to show you all the timing chain marks to ensure it's all lined up properly. Once all the chains are lined up, you want to disable the fuel system and turn the engine over to build oil pressure to the tensioners. Other wise, the chain could jump a tooth or 2. It is important to install the updated crank gears other wise you may time the engine incorrect and cause engine damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A497dW5WpBc