Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an fx35 and the vehicle immobilizer system needs to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****...i have an fx35 and the vehicle immobilizer system needs to be reset
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I was leaving work yesterday my key phob would not open my car...I used the valet key to open it and the security indicator light began flashing...I replaced the battery in the key and it didn't work so I went home an got my other key and the same is happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes and I will pay but can you reset it without me having to take it to the dealer
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year FX is this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2011
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Ok.. Quick couple questions. First can you tell me if the head lights can be turned on and if dome light comes on?

Also brake lights work?

Let me know..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the brake lights and headlights come on but the dome light do not
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Can you tell me if the steering wheel is locked? Also did you try inserting the key into the fob slot and try to start the car?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the steering wheel doesn't feel like its locked, it moves a little but the wheels don't and no the car wont start w fob in slot
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

This could be a steering lock control unit issue. If you press the start button do you see a yellow key light? Does the ignition come on at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the yellow lock light is on the ignition...no it doesn't come on
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

then this sounds like a steering lock issue for sure then.

How handy are you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
tell me what you want me to do
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

Can you do this to see if it will start?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Let me know how you make out and if you have any more questions on this.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!