Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Having an electrical issue with my FX35 Infiniti 2004.

Customer Question

Having an electrical issue with my FX35 Infiniti 2004. Battery continues to be drained by unknown source. New battery, new starter, new alternator. Stays charged for about 48 hrs Prior to this problem I had oil pan and gaskets replaced Not sure if that could have caused it. Going SLOW testing circuit but not sure if overlooking anything.. Spent a fortune already and more If I have to haul into dealer Any thoughts
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Volt meter and are you fairly handy and good with electrical? When you have a electrical draw, then a draw test needs to be done. Once you have done the draw test and verified there is a draw, then fuses are removed one at a time till you pull a fuse where the draw drops to spec. Then all fuses are re-inserted leaving that one out, and recheck the draw test. If the draw is with in spec with that one fuse out, then all the components on that circuit need to be checked to isolate the draw.

So how handy are you and do you have a volt meter to measure the amperage draw on the battery?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is what we are doing Looking for anything else
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a Volt Meter?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you accept the additional service request, I can go over exactly what you need to do and explain how you would find the draw.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello? Do you still need help with this?