Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 94 Infiniti j30 I started to smell gas fumes my son

Customer Question

I have a 94 Infiniti j30 I started to smell gas fumes my son removed the the plastic breather and while running the ports on both side that is part of valves covers pours out (looks and smells like gas and oil mix)out of both ports a now white smoke smells like gas out of tail pipeline
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, on the end of the fuel rail at the engine is the fuel pressure regulator with a vacuum hose attached(see attachment). Crank engine over a couple of times and then pull the vacuum hose off the regulator. If fuel comes out of the vacuum hose, replace the fuel pressure regulator. If none comes out, then there are leaking fuel injectors and you will need to pull them to inspect for which ones are leaking and replace them

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?