Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

After i replaced the window regulator the window does not

Customer Question

Customer: after i replaced the window regulator the window does not adjust correctly
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I roll the window up I have to hold to switch in the up postion for about 10 sec to keep the window from auto down It also does not auto set down once I open the door when the window is fully up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

what year and model Infiniti is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 coupe
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. The window is a pain to adjust. Normally I have someone help me. What I do is first program the window by programming the window motor. You will need the door panel off and window switch plugged in.

This is how you program the window motor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/program%20window%20motor.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/window%20motor%20reset%20switch.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Window%20motor%20reset%20button.jpg

Lets program the window, then I will explain how to adjust the glass.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need remove the door panel and I can't do this right now. Can you give me the remaining instructions?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. When you program the window, you have to do it with the door closed. The reason is that when you open the door the glass drops down around a inch.

Now when the window is programmed, you will need a dollar bill. Have someone inside the car. Open the door let the window drop down. Place the dollar bill on the top of the window and close the door so the window will go up on the dollar bill. Once it closes, pull the dollar bill lightly. You should feel some drag on the dollar. You want to move the dollar from to top back and move your way towards the front of the glass. At any point the dollar bill pulls out with no resistance the window will need to be loosened up and wiggle and lift to adjust the glass position, then tighten the glass and try the dollar bill again. If you don't have the glass adjusted right you can get a water leak or wind noise.

Understand?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!