Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2006 infiniti fx35 service engine soon

Customer Question

2006 infiniti fx35 service engine soon
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the Service Engine Soon light comes on it means the computer has detected a fault and it has generated a code pointing to the fault. Do you happen to know what your fault code is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where do i get this fault code
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You would use a Code reader to get the code. As long as you are not in California, Auto Zone offers free scans. If you can run to your local auto zone and have them scan it for you and return back with the code. I can then give you direction in what is needed to resolve that light. Please don't let Auto Zone tell you that you need a Particular part. Return back here first before buying any parts.

I can keep this question open till you can get the car scanned and you and you can return back. Is that ok with you?