Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I have a 2002 q45. If I give it the gas slowly its fine. If

Customer Question

I have a 2002 q45. If I give it the gas slowly its fine. If I step on it it just keeps bucking. Idles a little rough.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it has 120000 miles
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

Is the check engine light on when this is happening?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Ok, this issue is usually a problem with the mass air flow sensor. If you unplug it and start the truck and the idle is smoother it can be a good basic test. Usually though the best test is to have a scan tool that can see the live data from the maf sensor. This may also be a problem with your fuel pressure and fuel pump, but it's been my experience that it's typically a mass air flow issue. This can fail without setting the check engine light. All it has to do is read wrong and it will cause this type of problem.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!