Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My infiniti 2007 after change the battery the car wasn't

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, My infiniti 2007 after change the battery the car wasn't start, the bottom starter is ON all the times and the P (parking light transmission) is On too
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I try give Jump but never starter, Someone tell me the battery is deed, I Bougth new one and install but is look like locked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: or look like the started is stock
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questions.

Does the head lights turn on? What is the car doing exactly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the car look like shift lock release
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Car does not start still? Does the Head lights turn on? Does the Brake lights work?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Also is this a coupe or sedan?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The brake light doesn't worksedan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Ahh.. Ok..

Car starts ok though?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the head lights turn on
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Ok.. I need you to check this fuse in the inside fuse box. The inside fuse box is located at your left foot if you are sitting in the drivers seat.

Click this link to view the fuse location.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1c.jpg

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

that fuse is for the Brake lights. This powers the brake switch which is a important signal to start the car and for the shift lock to operate.

So please check this fuse..

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello? How did you make out checking that fuse? Was it blown? In the image supplied it also shows you where your spare fuses are in the fuse box.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, the car is two blocks from my house I will take my phone to continue chat ok thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I check the fuses are ok
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

oh, before you go

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You can use the emergency release for the shifter to at least get the car home if it starts.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

all you need is a small screw driver.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/shifter%20release.jpg

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Did you check the fuse with a test light? Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I take a time for check that
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

ok...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I check using new fuse
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a Test light? A test light not only checks to see if the fuse is blown or not, but it also shows if the fuse is getting power.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I check in you tube the same answer, realese the shift, doesn't work
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

What do you mean? You tried the emergency release and it didn't work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it didn't work
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You must use a very small screw driver. You need to put the screw driver straight into the emergency release port and press down. You will feel a lever go down while you press. That is the emergency release lever.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

if it didn't work, the screw driver you are using is most likely not long enough. You can't use the key. It has to be a very small screw driver

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I try but didn't work
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

It has to work. I have never seen it not work. What are you using to try to push the emergency release?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

How handy are you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this problem like a electrical, the bottom to st the engine is stoked ON and doesn't not return to LOCK or ACC
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJvgG1uzbOw

If you go to this video and fast forward to 3 mins and 20 seconds, he hits the emergency release so you can see the mechanics of it. But he has the shifter trim all off. So if you are fairly handy, you can pop all that trim off and manually press the release.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
LARGE SCREW DRIVER FIT TO THE SHIFT HOLE
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

it has to be pretty small. It can't be large. Other wise it will jam in the hole and not allow you to press the release down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
before pay us, I check in you tube , they have all videos ho to do that. Belive me I did this many times
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

The shifter release is part electric. It has a shift lock solenoid to release the shifter. But the emergency release has the mechanical operation to release the shifter. I have never seen the mechanical release not work.

Does the car start?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Is the steering wheel locked when the vehicle is off?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
doesn't start
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is not lock
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Oh.. Ok.. This could be a steering lock release issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Dome light works when you open the door right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Does the remote lock and unlock doors?

Is there a yellow key light on in the dash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the remote is work propertly also has a yellow key light o in the dash
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy077eLJfXk

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

This is a trick on how to get the car to start if the steering lock control unit is your problem which it sounds like it is.

Please try these steps and see if you can get it to start

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did already, all day waching that videos on you tube
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can not start the car, also in the dash has yellow key and red key signals
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Then you could be dealing with a control unit issue. If you have accessed the steering lock control unit and you have tapped it a number of times while holding the brake pedal and pressing the start button, then you could be looking at a BCM issue. But will require a scanner to verify this.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Especially if you can't get the ignition to the ACC position. I just did one of these where the battery was jump started backwards and blew out the main fusible link and took out the BCM.

Ignition would turn on, but would not start. It would also not allow the ignition to go into ACC. It would only turn ON and OFF.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the old battery was jump
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think this is the problem
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You are most likely dealing with a BCM issue and or Possible IPDM as well.

I think this is your problem. This sounds like it is acting like the one I did about a month ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But I install new battery, but when you press the bottom to start the engine the bottom stock in ON position and doesn't start
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is a BCM OR IPDM
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

right. The one I had was Jump started backwards. But I have seen if you hook up the cables in the wrong sequence it causes a voltage surge also. So you are most likely looking at a BCM and / or IPDM issue.

The one I did a month ago would turn on just like yours. But would not go into ACC and would not allow the engine to turn over.

BCM = Body Control Module

IPDM = Intelligent Power Distribution Module

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

When you jump start a car, you always connect positive first, then negative. When removing the cables, you remove the negative then positive.

failure to do that could result in a voltage surge which can damage control units.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IT ISNOT POSSIBLE THE START IS STOCKD
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

When replacing the BCM. This needs to be done by either the Dealer or a Mobile Tech service. The reason is that the BCM has a Particular configuration that has to be saved and then written to the new BCM. You will also need to reprogram all your keys and All your Tire Pressure sensors as well when it is replaced.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

No.. The one I did a month ago was stuck outside. I got my Starter Jump Button and tried to get the car to start to bring it into the shop but it would not start. I was able to manually operate the starter with my Starter Jump Button, but it would not start.

I am afraid the car will need to be towed.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have any more questions on this? I spent allot of time with you on this and have not received a rating.

Let me know..