Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Have 2003 g35 that won't crank over. Dash lights, head

Customer Question

Have 2003 g35 that won't crank over. Dash lights , head lights working. Any suggestions?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you say the car will not crank over, do you mean the engine turns over but doesn't start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not turn over
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear a single click when you try to start the car? or Rapid clicking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Single click
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. A single click is a indication of a Bad Starter. So the starter will need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to check starter while still on car?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, If you unplug the gray plug to the starter and you turn the key and you see that you are getting 12 volts, or battery voltage, then you know for sure it's a starter.

But the single click is a indication that it is getting power it's just that the armature can't fully engage to turn the engine over.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Turn the key to the Crank Position at the gray connector to check to see if it's getting power I mean.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when key is turned to crank position the dash lights come on, can power the windows and headlights work as well. It makes one single click.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is a starter

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Starters will make a single click when they go bad. Some times they won't click at all also.

But everything electrically will work in the car. It's just when you try to start the car you get that single click and the starter won't turn the engine over to start it.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how you made out?