Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Erskine Hawkins
, I have just been told the imobilizer

Customer Question

Customer: Erskine Hawkins
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have just been told the imobilizer on my 2000 infinit I30 is bad. The car wo't crank and it doesn't recognize its keys. I work at a used car delaership nut we don't have the technology to read the pin. I'm try to get an idae of repair costs and a good place to take it in the Atlanta area.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Right
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the engine doesn't turn over, it's not a Immobilizer issue. When the Immobilizer is active, the security light turns solid when the key is turned to the ON position.

Is that what is happening? The engine turns over but doesn't start and the security light is solid?