Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 02 infinity i 35 the first month we had it it was

Customer Question

I have a 02 infinity i 35 the first month we had it it was perfect and quiet running. Then one night it stalled out while we were driving and wouldn't start agaian. We replaced the alternator and battery same thing happened then we replaced the crank sensor now it does stall but runs rough like it wants to and also the passenger side floor board gets wet but doesn't stay wet....I know it not the heater core and also when its running bad the engine light is usually always on now but it blinks for a few then it will stay lit again please help I love this car so much
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

We are limited to one topic per question. So lets focus on the running issue. Did you have a Crank Sensor code? Is that why you replaced it? Did you replace any Cam Sensors? Where did you buy the sensors? What codes do you have now?

Please get back to me with my questions on your vehicle so I can help you resolve your issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a 02 infinity i 35 we had trouble with it stalling then we replaced the crank sensor still ran bad but didn't stall out so replaced the cam sensor its still running ruff but seems to do it more often the check engine light did stay on now it will start blinking and then stop please help
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

What brand spark plugs do you have installed in your engine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know I just got the car a month ago and it was fine for a month till now
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

We need to see what brand spark plugs are in the engine. If they are not NGK's that can certainly cause the running issue

Can you pull one of the spark plugs and check?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but it will be tomorrow when my husband can do it will this window still b open
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

I can keep this question open till then with a problem

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

It has been open since the 20th. I can keep this question open as long as needed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome. Talk to you tomorrow