Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2013 jx35 blows smoke on start up

Customer Question

My 2013 jx35 blows white smoke on start up
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on your JX35? Also how often have you done oil changes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
63,000 every 3-4000 miles
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you have proof of the maintenance has been done ever 3 to 4k miles, I would have the dealer look at this for you. Your engine has a 6 year or 70k mile warranty on the engine. This is something that as long as it has been maintained and you have records of it, it would be taken care of under warranty.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the white smoke is engine oil and that the engine has a oil consumption problem. When oil level gets low it can cause that intake timing code. If it has a oil consumption issue, this would be covered under warranty if you have proof that it has been maintained.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nearest dealer is 135 miles away any idea on what it might be
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry that the dealer is so far. Oil consumption issues on the JX is not something I have seen. I have only seen those type of issues when a engine is poorly maintained. But if you have records and proof of maintenance, they should warranty the engine for you. Oil consumption can be many things. The Dealer would most likely push to have the whole engine changed.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

This is not something you want to mess with. Since this is under warranty, it would be worth the ride to drop it off with them. They should be able to provide you with a loader while your JX is being worked on.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

oh, key thing is to bring you maintenance records with you when you bring it to them.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

or keep them in a file in the car in case they ask for them.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello?