Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I am a Locksmith trying to program a lost fob 2016 infinity

Customer Question

I am a Locksmith trying to program a lost fob for a 2016 infinity qx60 it is in transport mode I have already pressed in the battery saver switch press the start button once and turned on the hazards will the consultIII automatically go to the key section.
The red security car symbol is not blinking and the headlights will not turn on nor will the dash lights it's like half the features are on which tells me it is in some kind of shipping or transport mode is there a way to get it out of this mode for that then
programming can be completed
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If it's in Transport mode, you will need to replace the BCM. Then program the keys and then configure the BCM.

There is no other way around it. There is a bulletin on this and it states that if it's stuck in transit mode, that the BCM has to be replaced.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!