Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Nissan murano Passenger side door window will go down but

Customer Question

Nissan murano Passenger side door window will go down but won't go up. 6 wires are going from the switch to the motor. Blue Green which are bigger Guage and Red green white yellow smaller Guage. Getting 12v from big Green to ground and 12v from red to
ground. Can you please tell me how to diagnose if it's the switch or motor Thanks David
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor has been changed and down only works like the original motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the motor is manually put to the top position and the car is turned on, the window goes down to the bottom automatically. I think one of of the door switches are bad but can't figure out which one without a schematic
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, what year is you Murano?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, I'll have to open this back up to other experts as I'm having problems with my wiring diagram software. Someone should be with you shortly, I apologize for the wait.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello David, My name is***** am sorry no one has responded to your question. I will be online around 7 pm EST and be online till 10 or 11 pm. Would you mind working on your issue with me then? I am sure we can isolate your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds great. Thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for waiting. Do you still have the door panel off?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Two wires at the window motor are the only two wires we need to check. One should be Light Green and the other should be Blue.

Also, I assume you have a volt meter correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to the car right now but I will tomorrow. The light green without a stripe and the blue in this picture?
green to ground and blue to ground I get 12v. Between them I get nothing
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the first image has the two wires I would like you to check.

The second, there is no TV's I am interested in.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What I would like you to do is put your red lead of your meter into the pin for the Light Green wire, and the black lead into the Blue wire pin.

Then turn the key ON, and press the window switch down and hold it and see what kind of voltage you have. Let me know it's it's +12.volts ( battery voltage) or -12 Volts.

Then release the switch, the then hold it up. Then let me know those readings. +12 or -12 Volts.

I will be online again tomorrow evening so you can give me the results then. Sound good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it matter if it's the passenger switch or drivers side?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Nope, but I would try it from the passenger side switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there's no voltage on the wires when the button is held is the switch bad? If so would it be the driver side switch since they seem to be wired in parallel and the the chances of both switches being bad being so small?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You tested it? I thought the truck wasn't near you?

If you have no power on either of those wires, try the main window switch. If still no power, then on the passenger window switch Orange wire and Pink wire see if you have power there at the passenger switch.