Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2003 g35 sedan. CD player does not work (can't even get

Customer Question

2003 g35 sedan. CD player does not work (can't even get there by pressing CD button). Player had been acting up recent weeks - shutting down, getting err cd fo message. Also, all radio presets are lost after engine shutoff. Battery connection is good. Some additional history - over the last year the radio or cd would static and lose sound(usually, but not always, within minutes of starting car), then after a period of time there would be a pop from the speakers and the sound would be back.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

It sounds like you may have a few things going on. First the CD function of the radio. This would require the radio to be removed and sent out for repair.

The Radio presets, and loosing sound or Pop from speakers could be a radio issue also, or a possible printed circuit board.

What I normally like to suggest to customers who have these older G's with Radio or Printed circuit board issues is to install a After Market Radio kit.

When you install a After Market Radio kit, you eliminate the printed circuit board and then can install any after market radio you like. Radio's with more to date features such as Bluetooth, MP3 or UBS. This type of install can cost less than repairing the factory equipment. The printed circuit board alone is around 700 dollars just for the part.

I have some images if you would like to see what a after market radio looks like in your car ?

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
losing the presets sounds consistent with an electrical drain. The climate functionality as I understand is tied into the radio circuit ry/power supply. Will and aftermarket rig accomodate and yes I would like to see some images and who would do the job.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you get the After Market install kit, it comes with it's own air controller, so the radio has no bearing on it's operation any more.

Presets should not be lost when the car is turned off. It could also possibly be a fuse.

Click these links for some images of after market radio's I took of customers cars I encountered with after market radio's.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/G35%20after%20market%20radio%20installed.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/G%20Radio.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/G%20Radio%202.jpg

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Since you requested additional service, there was a issue with your payment. So I offered it for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this, and if you would like to speak with me more about this.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Were you trying to Rate me and mistakenly requested additional service?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello?