rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 Infiniti g35 trunk beeps but won't open. Won't open

Customer Question

2007 Infiniti g35 trunk beeps but won't open. Won't open from button either. Any idea what is wrong?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Two things can cause this, either the trunk was closed on something that made it a very tight close or the latch striker is bad. Try holding the trunk door down while clicking your button, then let off of it at close to the same time.

Thanks, Ron