Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have just recently purchased an 09 G37 Sedan, my power

Customer Question

I have just recently purchased an 09 G37 Sedan, my power door locks are not working properly and the gas lid door. My LF door, LR door & sometime RF door are not functioning. Could all three of these actuators be bad? Or is there another direction I might take for a solution? Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Is this a Coupe or Sedan?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Oh.. You talked about 3 doors, so I guess it's a Sedan.

The RF front door you say sometimes works? The Passenger rear door works all the time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure,(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If that one door works all the time, then yes. Your issue is the 3 door lock actuators. All 4 door lock actuators are part of the latch assembly. All 4 get the same signal from the same place. The BCM. If one door is working, then you know that the signals are good and that the 3 door lock actuators are your issue.

I have a video on how they are changed so you can see what is involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUCEjVkF_0

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I submitted you the Additional Service in case you would like to speak with me.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the one door lock actuator working correctly, there would be no electrical or electronic problems? Relays - fuses - etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are sedan front door actuators & coupe front door actuators the same?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Correct. If one door is working, that means the BCM is sending out the request. So it would be a actuator issue.

As to tell you if the Coupe and Sedan use the same latch assembly. I am not 100%. I would not think so.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are these actuators grounded? I have read on Infiniti chat boards where grounds were cleaned and the actuators greatly improved - because they are in series from the BCM this resolved the problem. So, where would I find these ground(s)?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The BCM supplies the power and ground for the actuators. So there is no ground to clean.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse me but everything electrically is grounded! How can you say there is no ground?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Read what I said. The BCM controls Power AND Ground. There is not a separate ground. The grounds are all controlled by the BCM