Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

I'm having a problem with a 1993 Infiniti J30. All of the

Customer Question

Hi Tom,
I'm having a problem with a 1993 Infiniti J30. All of the illumination lights on the dimmer controlled circuit are put, and the a/c lights go out when the daytime/headlights are switched on. I have followed your advice given to another person with a similar problem and have not been able to solve it yet. Currently, the dimmer rheostat, ascd switch, gauge panel, a/c, radio, and a/t control are all disconnected from the electrical system. Attaching the black wire to body ground and jumping the yellow to a green on the dimmer connector did not bring any lights back up. My multimeter shows continuity between all four wires on the dimmer connector with the dimmer connected. Is this normal, or do I have a wire harness problem? Fuses have been checked, and +side of illumination circuit shows about 10.8v
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction to above: multimeter shows continuity on dimmer wires with dimmer NOT connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jumping one of the green wires to ground brings back the lights. I will use this for now to get the lights back on. Please disregard question
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You need to verify there is a good ground on the Black wire as well as check to see if you have battery voltage on the yellow wire. If there is voltage on the Yellow wire, unplug the switch and jump the Green wire to the Black wire with the lights on and all the dash lights should illuminate bright. If they work, the dimmer is faulty. Are these the steps you are following?