john aka eautp
john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years ase certified
6149662

Infiniti M35 X:

Customer Question

Hi
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  john aka eautp replied 1 year ago.

have you tried the bulbs yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have no way of doing it in the dark in my driveway and everyone else wants like $120 to put two bulbs in. Also I am going out right now to try to find the fuse/relay first. Any suggestions? Even in daytime it seems like a have to remove the tire to get to the bulb? Is this correct?
  1. Turn lighting switch OFF.
  2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal or remove power fuse.
  3. Remove air cleaner case (when replacing LH bulb).
  4. Remove radiator reservoir tank (when replacing RH bulb).
  5. Turn plastic cap counterclockwise and unlock it.
  6. Turn bulb socket counterclockwise and unlock it.
  7. Unlock retaining spring and remove bulb from headlamp.
  8. Installation is the reverse order of removal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently the fuse is located in the box behind the battery and I have to take it out. This is really painful.

they do not make them easy any more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait so steps 3 and 4 can be done easily so j can do this tomorrow morning without having to go from the bottom of car? I can go from top?

correct

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If removing coolant res it is very easy to turn and remove the cover for hi beam light. Accessing the low beam further to the side corner is not possible for me. Are you sure it can be done? I am trying the side first as I thought it be easier then the air filter side. Thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wheel well must be removed from bottom to access both of low beams. I see no other way. The top is impossible to reach that far to be side. Any tips for tools, etc. I usually end up breaking those plastic clips and have no way of putting them back unless I have replacements, which I do not have right now.

did you remove the air filter assembly and coolant jug?

the other way is to remove the inner wheel well with the push pins and the lower valance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coolant jug yes but there's no way to reach for the low beam, only hi beam. I have that video already but am afraid to go from bottom as I do not have any push pin clips handy to reinstall the guard once I remove it.

worst case is a few zip ties until you make it to a parts store..every parts store sells them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered the clips and the tool to remove the clips as I don't have my tools here. I ll be able to go from underneath on Thursday.Any idea what part I need for the twist bulb? Only my right side works currently, the left was working. When I took it out and reinserted it worked fine. But then I took it out a second time clean it and I must have greased it up because it does right away.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It died.

the bulb part number? is that what your asking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's 2825. I am going to go pickup two of them from HD as I need some light in the interim.

should be a 12258 but there are a few options

HELLA 9005 {#H83165241}
12V 60W Standard HB3/9005 Bulb; HB3/9005; 12V; Single Bulb; High Beam

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 6 business days

$2.18

WAGNER 9005 {#BP9005} Halogen Capsules
High beam; OE TYPE

$2.45

GE 9005 {#9005BP} Standard Replacement
High Beam

$2.61

PHILIPS 12258 {#12258B1, 12258C1} Standard
Low Beam; (w/halogen capsule headlamps)

$2.77WAGNER 1255H1 {#BP1255H1} Halogen Capsules

Fits Low beam; w/Composite H/L; OE TYPE

Or Low Beam; w/halogen capsule headlamps

$2.82

GE H155 {#H155BP} Standard Replacement; Bulb only - does not include the base
Low Beam; (w/halogen capsule headlamps)

$2.89

PHILIPS 9005 {#9005B1, 9005C1} Standard
High Beam

$3.04

HELLA H83165241
Standard; HB3/9005; 12V; 65W; Single Bulb; High Beam (Only 9 Remaining)

$4.75

ACDELCO 9005 {#09441732,(###) ###-#### *****
High Beam

$10.15

HELLA D2S
12V 35W Standard D2S Bulb; D2S; 12V; Single Bulb; Low Beam;(w/HID headlamps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to get these for the mini bulbhttp://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-2825-Premium-White-Miniature/dp/B00AIJY2ZM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8I already have the sylvania h1 for the low beam but cannot put them in until the clips come in.

yup should be fine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those Will be here by Wednesday. So at least j ll have some light before being able to put in both low beams.

should be a easy project

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the cost of putting one bulb in I will be able to have the tools and put in brand new low beams, daytime lightship and the h11 for the fog/driving light. Now I am confused as I am not sure how I only have the 2825 bulb running and nothing else. My high beams work fine.Where is h1 versus h11? Because when I play with the lights nothing turns on. Does that mean both of these are out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I see those at the bottom. Those work. If I didn't have those then I would be completely dark at night.

right..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the daytime light led bright white from advanced auto and man it looks really nice. I will have the second one along with the fasteners tomorrow. I ll keep the led daytime lights on until I can work on both low beam lights on Saturday in the sun. Any suggestions a nice white led low beam light that lasts more than a year? These sylvania ones that burned out only lasted a year and cost $50. After I put in the halogen ones on Saturday I may try to find an led white bright light to match the 2820 mini bulb daytime lights for color. Any suggestions?

piaa intense white work well