Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My infiniti m35x the passenger side rear rotor gets very hot

Customer Question

Hello my infiniti m35x the passenger side rear rotor gets very hot after driving, hotter than the others..I changed the caliper and brake line the rotor is like new. .I stated noticing It on Friday on my way to work on my way home it did not get hot. so yesterday I changed the parts and it still gets hot. ..
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

there are slides that the caliper moves on when you apply the brake that move the caliper in and out. did you make sure they are free and move freely??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the old caliper with a new one and new line..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

ok, the part I am referring to is what the caliper bolts to.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything is bolt up properly
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

but you need to see if the slides and free and moving in and out as they should it can bolt up as it should but not move freely

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a new caliper...everything is new and working...I changed the caliper line and rotor.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

you not understanding what I am saying. the part the caliper bolt to has slides that must move freely.

can you post a picture of the caliper bolted up

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think u understanding me...everything ur talking about it working properly...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes is causing the rotor it get extremely got and it's not the caliper or line..
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

I understand you but you are not getting what I am trying to explain.

I am opting out and let it re post to see if anyone else can make you understand

Roy

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your Question. Roy Opt'd out cause he feels he can not help you.

Are you comparing the heat of each rear rotor to determine one is hotter than the other?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one rotor is extremely hotter than the others even the rim is hot and u can smell like it's burning
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you replaced the Caliper did it come with the bracket with slide pins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything is good...I replaced everything with dealer parts...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to take it to the dealer cause u guys don't seems to know what's wrong or what am saying. ..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. If you lift the wheel do you feel any resistance? Maybe the emergency brake is staying applied or is over adjusted