Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I have a 2006 G35 with about 82,000 miles. Last yr I noticed

Customer Question

I have a 2006 G35 with about 82,000 miles. Last yr I noticed when in reverse it jumps, especially when you give it gas in reverse. I'd never make it up a hill now. Forward is fine. I'm assuming I have to replace the transmission. Is it worth replacing the transmission with this mileage? It's old, but have never had a car transmission fail with low mileage.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

HI there,

Actually t is worth having it looked at by a transmission shop to make sure it does need a new transmission, then the repair is really up to you. It's one of those deals where if you like the car and want to keep it, then it is worth the cost of a new transmission. Plus that would be less expensive then a new car and car payments.

If you are ready to get something different, then don't spend the money on a transmission and trade it as is. You won't get the money back on a trade if you purchase a new transmission for the car.

You may also consider a used transmission to help lower the cost of a replacement.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!