ASETech32605
ASETech32605, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner, Chief Mechanic- Repair Shop
71884037

My 2004 Infiniti G35 service engine soon light came on and

Customer Question

Hello Ryan, my 2004 Infiniti G35 service engine soon light came on and it feels as though my gears are not switching properly. I got the codes P1764 & P1754
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  ASETech32605 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Tom, I am an ASE certified Master Mechanic with 15 years repair experience repairing vehicles.

Those codes are for internal transmission problems. Input clutch soleniod valve, and direct clutch solenoid valve.

The first thing I like to do when I see these codes is to drain out the old fluid and put new transmission fluid in.

Be sure to fill the transmission with the proper fluid and to the correct level. Incorrect fluid types and levels can cause further problems to your vehicle. You may find that the only problem is in correct fluid, or wrong fluid level causing all of your problems.

Transmissions are very difficult to work on for the novice owner, if you do not have experience rebuilding transmission I do not recommend trying to open it up for repair as you will most likely make things worse.

I will attach some information on the codes you submitted. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Here are possible causes from the service manual. These are in addition to poor quality or low / high fluid possibilities.

Great it looks like you have fixed the problem with my help. I glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.

Be sure to rate my answer(s) so I can get paid for my time. I do not get paid unless I get a positive rating.

Thanks and have a better day!

Is there anything else I can help you with? This question will close in 24 hours, unless you need more help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.