Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

2001 infiniti q45, surging idle up and down sometime trying

Customer Question

2001 infiniti q45, surging idle up and down sometime trying to stalled out when cold...no CEL, and when warmed up to normal operation temp. it will run great until the next cold start. Local nissan specialist working on it today, new MAF, re set the computer along with some other adj. Still have the symptom? any ideas...Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since its not setting any fault codes then I would have them monitor the signal to the IAC (idle air control) valve as well as the fuel trim reading. Its possible you have an engine lean condition due to a cold start vacuum leak. If they are able to get the problem to occur while they are monitoring the data stream then should be able to narrow down the source.