Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2005 Infiniti 135. Getting ready to sell. Needs

Customer Question

Hi--I have a 2005 Infiniti 135. Getting ready to sell. Needs some body work but has new parts.
Only problem--out of nowhere the car just stops. It starts up again, but it's dangerous.
Any idea of what it can be and how I can get it fixed?
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it worth selling an Infiniti for parts if the repair is too expensive? And how would I go about doing so (I live in metropolitan NY). Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

The most common thing I have seen that can make these cars just stop is a Cam Sensor. Have you had any Cam Sensors replaced? After Market ones are also known to cause stalling with out setting any codes.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't. Do you know how much such a repair costs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also do you know what the best way to sell my car in NY?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The sensors are about 120 bucks each and there are 2 of them. I would have them checked before replacing.

How many miles do you have on the car?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!