sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 Q35 Infinity that will only start in the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Q35 Infinity that will only start in the morning if I continually turn it over for about a minute. After that all day it starts right up.
Have put in new fuel pump and it didn't make any difference.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Fuel pressure bleedoff is a common cause of a long crank time, often caused by a leaking check valve in the fuel pump. I'm assuming you replaced the pump as an assembly. If you did find fuel pressure bleedoff before the pump was replaced and the problem remains then one or more leaking injectors should be the cause.

Have you checked for fault codes?

Did you find that fuel pressure was bleeding off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did replace fuel pump as an assembly and have had injectors checked for leakage so no problem there. No Fault codes . It took a while for you to get back to me so I checked with some other people they suggested replacing fuel pressure regulator and left cam sensor we have not done that yet. I will get back to you on results.

Ok.