sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Please, be an Infiniti expert. It is not my car I will be

Customer Question

Please, be an Infiniti expert. It is not my car I will be working on. Question about: Year 2008 Make Infiniti Model ex 35 I need to change the transmission fluid and differential gear oil. Is this difficult to do? What transmission fluid and gear oil will
I need? What specific quantity for this vehicle? What specific tools will I need? How long should it take a do-it-yourselfer to complete the jobs?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Replacing the transmission fluid isn't hard and you'll just need a ratchet, sockets and extension. The trans pan has a drain plug which can be removed to easily drain the fluid. If you're also replacing the filter you can then remove the pan bolts, remove the pan and then the filter. Replacing the filter calls for 1.5 hours of labor, if you just drain and fill the trans it will take under an hour. The full capacity of the trans is just under 11 quarts but it will take a few less than that for just a fluid change. It calls for Nissan Matic Fluid S ATF.

On the rear differential you'll just remove the fill plug, drain plug, let it drain and then refill it. This will take less than a half hour. It calls for three quarts of 80w90 fluid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick question regarding the Nissan Infiniti EX 35 (2008): Is there any transmission fluid at autozone, advance autoparts or other autoparts store that is an excellent equivalent of the fluid Nissan Matic Fluid S ATF????? Please, let me know.

Castrol has a fluid advertised as an equivalent that you should be able to get at any parts store. It runs about the same as the correct Nissan fluid though.

http://www.castrol.com/en_au/australia/products/cars/automatic-transmission-fluids/transmax-fe-multivehicle.html