Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I think I need to change the Cabin temperature sensor and I

Customer Question

Mike I think I need to change the Cabin temperature sensor and I know it is near the ignition switch area but how difficult is it to replace. Do I have to take the dashboard out/
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

What year is your QX? Some of these can be a real chore.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, this one isn't terrible and you don't have to remove a lot to access it. It's actually screwed to the back of cluster lid D.

Once you have it out, you can just unscrew it and install the new one. You will have to do some work around the console, to pop off these 2 clusters. Use a plastic trim tool or sometimes a putty knife to get them to pop out.

HERE is a link that might help you out with this.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!