Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I'm looking Nissan that uses the same struts as a 1998 q45

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking for a Nissan that uses the same struts as a 1998 q45 .do u know of a compatible vehicle
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

There is no other Nissan that uses this type of strut design what so ever. How many struts do you need? Did you check After Market to see if they were available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the front set
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

These struts either came with the spindle as part of the strut, or you took them apart and replaced the cylinder. Did you try contacting your local auto parts store to see if they were available?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

http://www.1aauto.com/infiniti-i30-nissan-maxima-strut-assembly-monroe-181682/i/mnsts00210?f=600261&y=1998&utm_campaign=gb_csv_br&utm_content=STS&gclid=CjwKEAjw8NaxBRDhiafR-uvkpywSJAAxcl6fRkUK0tw9JXGi_oCuAkhCvwD44Yvhl-EEWIQWveQHjxoCTnjw_wcB

They sell a fully loaded ready to install strut available for you.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

oops ... that is a I30..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

http://www.tunergeek.com/suspension/infiniti-q45-97-01-megan-racing-street-lp-series-lowering-damper-kit-w-spindles.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Local stores cannot get them nor JC whittney
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Then you would need to get the struts from the dealer. I showed you a link from a Tunergeek for a full set of after market ones. But they are expensive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found same thing but that is unrealistic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanku
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay