Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a code i cant find as well as a problem I cant seem

Customer Question

hello
I have a code i cant find as well as a problem I cant seem to fix.
Car: Infinity M45 check engine light on
Code reads: P1217
Hesitation occurs
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** code means engine over temp situation occurred. Does it ever seem to overheat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has that code and then says air metering sensor/switch/valve (one of those)
car has not been driven far enough to over heat but does smell after hesitation and short drives
Hesitation comes with strong acceleration
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the other code number your getting? Or is P1217 the only one? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P1217 is the only one. We changed the air filter and reset the code. The car has not been over 45 mph. This was the first code. I have someone checking the code again to verify the same code.
The hesitation occurred on a turn and during a hard acceleration.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This code is related to the cooling system. The coolant temp sensor could cause it to hesitate and set this code so I'd start by replacing that. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the code says Manifactor Control fuel air - would that mean the same thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also want to fill out a rating satification survey if you have a link I would like to leave one for you.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The scan tool is giving you improper code definition for this vehicle. You should automatically be emailed any type of rating survey. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, Thanks I will replace both a temp sensor as well as the thermostat. If these dont work I will get back with you if I can do so through this tool.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't replace the thermostat, just the coolant temp sensor. Let me know how it goes, thanks.