sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm having the same problem as the customer here but mine

Customer Question

hi mike, I'm having the same problem as the customer here but mine was is not resolved by a fuse, all the fuses are good and receiving power
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot see the previous question to which i am referring to, ill elaborate. on my 06 g35, my rear lights, ac backlight, clock backlight, and trunk button (on the backlight) do not work. I keep reading that it may be a fuse but have checked every fuse in all three boxes, even the IPDM. Ive looked at the wires to make sure there is no shortage but still cannot find out the problem. what can it be?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming the front park lamps and license plate lamps don't work as well.

The park lamp circuit is powered by the tail lamp relay which receives power from 10 amp fuse 71 in the IPDM. The problem could be a handful of things including the relay, the module in the IPDM, wiring, possibly the body controller.

Do you hear the park lamp relay in the IPDM click when the lights are turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last I checked I think I did hear a click when turning on the headlights. I've looked through the wiring and followed it almost all the way, the wiring is good. How would I know which relay is the tail lamp relay?

The relay is internal in the IPDM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you say internal, do you mean it's one of those small black relay boxes on the IPDM? Which box is it? Or is it inside the IPDM board and I would need to replace the board.

Internal means the relay is inside and serviced with the IPDM.