peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My 1993 Infiniti j30 starts but dies right..it'll stay on if

Customer Question

my 1993 Infiniti j30 starts but dies right..it'll stay on if I hold the gas but soon as I let it go it dies.. And another problem I'm having is that my car sounds like it runs in one gear then it jerks into the next.. I need help wit Dese issues
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would check over the engine for any major vacuum leaks.If a vacuum leak is found this will cause this issue here and the leak will need corrected to resolve this issue.Inspect for any broken or damaged hoses as well as the intake leaking possibly.If a leak is found it can cause all of the issues you have described here and will need repaired.

If this is found to be o.k. there is a chance this is due to a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter.If you have not had the fuel system tested this would need done to see if the fuel system is the cause with the fault needing located and repaired with it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.