Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2007 infiniti m35x right blinker blinks once and then

Customer Question

2007 infiniti m35x right blinker blinks once and then doesn't work. Left blinker works properly and all lights work fine. We replaced the BCM because that controls the flash of the blinker, but even with the new BCM the same issue is there.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Does the Hazards work properly? all 4 corners light up properly?

Also, when you use the Right Blinker, does the light blink then stay on solid? or does it go off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the hazard is depressed once, all four lights blink once then stop. when the left turn signal is activated it works properly. when the right is activated it blinks once then stops (even with the selector level switched to right side turn). we replaced the hazard switch and the control unit in the dash and the same thing happens.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Was this a new or used BCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new from infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a matter of fact, when the door lock/alarm is set, the four lights blink as they should.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This sounds familiar... I have dealt with one like this before... Trying to remember what it was.. Give me a few.. I want to check something..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have been waiting for an answer, but haven't received one.. If you can't answer this issue, please let me know and issue a refund. Thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, i am away for the weekend. I will get back to you on this as son as i can. I am sure i can help isolate the issue

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Once again, I am sorry for the delay. Since the BCM has been replaced and there is no change, then the Unified Meter/AC amp would need to be checked to see if that is providing the proper signal to the meter for the blinker to operate.

How handy are you and do you have a volt meter? I can supply you with the information to do the proper checks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm very handy and do have a volt meter. Please supply me with the info for the proper checks.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok.. Hang on..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2007%20M35%20Blinker%20issue.pdf

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is the information on the blinkers. Then I also provided you with the location of the Unified Meter / AC amp, and checks for that Unfied meter / AC amp and checks at the meter along with self diag for the meter assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS, ***** ***** PULLING THE UNITS I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE FOUND
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You got it

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how you are making out?