Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a power steering leak on the passenger side front of

Customer Question

I have a power steering leak on the passenger side front of my car. I already had the pump replaced. Could it be that I need to replace the seals or is it the power steering rack? It drives just fine when it has fluid in it.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you know if the High Pressure Hose and return hose from the pump has been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tightened the clamp on the hose but didn't notice anything.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What I would suggest you do is get some brake clean and clean all the wet area's. So this way you can isolate where the leak is coming from.

A power steering leak on the passenger side could be the power steering rack, High Pressure Power steering line or the Power Steering low pressure ( return ) hose.

Do you see a area that is the most wet?