Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2005 G35x and it cranks but not start, red key

Customer Question

I have a 2005 G35x and it cranks but not start, red key light sometimes stay on, had locksmith try to program a new key and it would not read new key
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

The key he attempted to program, was it supplied by him? Is it a after market key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he tried the original key and also another of the owners key, and one aftermarket he supplied, No luck with any.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most common thing I have seen is the After Market key. I have had customers come to the dealer to have their new After Market key programmed to the car and while programming it, it will erase the original key, or it won't program. So what you are most likely experiencing is still a key problem. I would get a key from the dealer and have the mobile locksmith program that, and I am sure that will work fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried dealer key still wont program
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If the key won't program with a dealer key, then the issue would be either the nats antenna, or a bad BCM. A scanner would be required to determine which it could be.

Or the person programming the key is not decoding the 5 digit pin for the BCM to program the key properly. If they are trying to use 5523 to program the key, they are not programming it right.