Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an 07 M-35 and the volume to radio is not working the

Customer Question

I have an 07 M-35 and the volume to radio is not working the nav system is fine just radio volume?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Does the volume work from the steering wheel controls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Navigation voice guidance works? Does the radio appear to operate properly just no sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear any type of pop sound when you first start the car?

Also, did you try the CD player to see if it has sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and no. I don't have any CD's with me to try.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you think you can try a CD and then get back to me? I just want to be sure of something before I start giving you my thoughts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I save this conversation?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You would need to scroll to the top and high light and drag down the conversation to save it.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you can simply double check that CD and if it has volume for me, and return back to this question that would help me out.

To return back, simply log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions to return back to this question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Itll be tonight before i can check the cd player. Thanks!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. I will talk to you then...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loaded cd. Your could tell it was playing, but no sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loaded cd. Display showed it,was playing but no sound
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, we may go into self diag and check for codes. Then we will need to check fuses for the Amp, and last resort a Hard Reset.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. Just giving you this one option if you like. I can speak with you to make things much quicker and easier if you like. It's called additional Service.

Would that be something you would be interested in? Other wise we can continue here.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check codes first and foremost
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold the Settings button with the radio off. Then turn the volume knob counter clock wise. It will bring you in to a menu.

You want to select Confirmation & Adjustments

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Then you want to scroll down to Error History and let me know what you have in there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 11...front display connection error 12...DVD rom 4, 1 and 2 av comments circuit 1, DVD deck 50, audio unit connection 50, amplifier connection 50, rear view connection 50 and that's it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Wow.. ok.. lets clear them out , then hit the back button 4 times. When the screen blacks out. Wait for it to reboot. Once it does. Turn the car off and disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...I will have to wait until my husband gets home for that one. Should that reset it?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Fingers crossed and hope it does. Other wise you are looking a needing a radio replacement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh wow!! Yes fingers crossed
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Keep me posted when your husband is able to disconnect the negative battey cable for 15 mins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do...thanks!!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.. Talk to you soon

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how the hard reset worked out?