Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

A lot

Customer Question

a lot
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no start, new engine, new transmission.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is what happened so far:finished installing and checking everything, crank the engine for the first time, i saw a spark from the left side of the engine, it was the main ground wire of the engine, disconnected and touching the body, connect it then i tried to start the engine, but it wont start, there were no spark, i checked everything but everything was ok, then i checked the ecu, i fund it fried, some ic's blown.i replaced the ecu with a used one from junkyard with the exact model and spec, installed it, initialize it with consult iii, then registered the keys, no DTC, CAN check ok, double check for all the wiring and ground, then i crank the engine but it wont start, i start diagnosis as following:1- reinitialize the ecu and register the keys.
2- checking the harness as the FSM instructions for the ignition circuit and for ecu circuit.
3- removed and installed the IPDM from my car to another G37, it work good, so i put it back.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

First thing I need is the year, make and model of the vehicle you are working on.

Second, I need the 17 digit vin number to pull the schematics and see if it is USA or European specs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
infinti g73 2010 convertable
and its GCC spec
JNKCV66E9AM500185
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
G37
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Have you checked for injector pulse at the injectors with a noid light yet?

Have you checked for coils getting 12v while cranking?

Are you getting a RPM signal on your consult when cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have noid light, but i can smell gas from the driver seat.i check the voltage but not while cranking, ill do that tomorrow.yes it reaches 175 rpm
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, check for 12v at the coils tomorrow and let me know, and we will go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have power
befour cranking 13.21v
while cranking 9.92
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will appreciate fast response
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, it has fuel and spark, has rpm signal. It should start. I am stumped as well on this. I will opt out and see if another expert knows something on thise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has fuel but no spark. the coil has power but no spark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will, its a long 24 hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went to the dealer today, i wanted to confirm my work on the ecm, they check and its all ok, they suspected of the immu or NATS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really!!!!!!