Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

My 1997 j-30 infinity won't start. I put the key in the

Customer Question

my 1997 j-30 infinity won't start. I put the key in the ignition but nothing..no lights, nothing..how can I get it to start? like the electrical system is shut down..don't know what is causing this..can you help?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Have you tried to jump start the car? If you haven't then I would start there. Leave the donor car on it for about 15 minutes, then see if you have any electrical power at all. If not, please let me know and we can take it from there.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car still don't start..it's like the security system shut it down..there is no lights, nothing what else can I do now?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

The security doesn't do that.

What is likely wrong is the main fusible link is blown. This is in the box out by the battery and has a clear top. You can look through the top to see if it's blown. If there isn't any electrical power at all this is usually the problem. The trick with these is they are bolted into the box. There are tabs you have to move in order to get the bolts out and get the new one in.

Sending along a diagram to help you locate it and the main link. There are several, but one is larger then the rest, this is the main link.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question.