Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2012 G 37 and when I start the car the screen and

Customer Question

I have a 2012 G 37 and when I start the car the screen and some of the controls (radio, AC) won't work. I stop the engine and restart the car and the screen and controls work. It happen every other time i start the car.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When this happens does the display load normal, there is just no response from the controls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the display screen is black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I restart the car the infinity logo on the screen will appear and then all controls work.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a AV unit issue. What will suggest you do is this. Next time this happens take a video clip of the issue so you can show the dealer. This way you can show them what it's doing which is verifying the issue so they can order you a new AV unit.

This is most likely your issue and the video will help the dealer to be able to do the repair.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!