Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My infiniti I30 1999, mechanic changed fuel pump, and when

Customer Question

Mike my infiniti I30 1999, mechanic changed fuel pump, and when he went to start car, security system would not allow the car to start, how can we get it started without taking it to the dealer, we will have to tow it 200 miles
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light on solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
light is solid
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is a key programming issue. Meaning the computer can't read the chip in the key. Do you have a spare key to try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, can a locksmith help us
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

A mobile locksmith yes. Some can program keys. So you want to call and ask. This way it saves you a tow.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May be getting back with you
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is fine. Please don't forget to Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. Follow up questions on the same topic is no additional charge.

Thanks Jay!