Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a 2000 G20 infinity and it will not start the battery

Customer Question

i have a 2000 G20 infinity and it will not start the battery is good when i tern the key i just here a click from the stater
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

-

From your description, as long as the battery will maintain above 9.5 volts during cranking and the connections are good at the battery and the starter. Most likely the starter has failed. Try tapping on the starter while some one cranks the engine over, if the starter engages the starter is going bad and needs to be replaced. If the oil is very low, verify you can turn the engine over by hand. Engines that have been run with no oil may lock up.

-

I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.
Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.