Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

Just replaced the A/C compressor on a G20 the replacement

Customer Question

Just replaced the A/C compressor on a G20 the replacement compressor did not have a place for the small metal disc that was in the clutch coil wiring. now if I jump the A/C relay it works and gets cold but my scan tool says there is no signal to the compressor
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original compressor had a (revolution counter?) Not sure about that, it is a small metal disc that fit in a socket on the compressor and was tied into the clutch coil wiring, the replacement compressor had no spot for this disc, and the clutch coil wire had a different style plug, BOTH are just one wire, I cut the plug off of the new compressor and soldered the single wire plug onto the new compressor. Now the A/C compressor will not come on when you push the auto or manual control button inside the vehicle, I can pull the A/C compressor relay and jump the pins 30 and 87 and the compressor comes on and works great. I have a Snap On Verus scan tool and it says there is no "on" signal getting to the relay. How do I check and see if the A/C controll head is defective, OR what should I do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im fairly sure the metal disc is just a thermal protection disc,
still no signal to the compressor clutch relay can someone help with this? Is it a control head problem?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me what year , make and model you are working on I can try and help you get this problem resolved. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.