Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Owner of infinity 2002 Q45. after routine maintenace at

Customer Question

owner of infinity 2002 Q45. after routine maintenace at dealer, car returned with no dash lights. dealer immediatly diagnosed at instrament cluster failure and repaierd. upon return of vehicle, front and rear passenger windows and electric locks failed. remote fob opens driver only. and window operates driver only. Dealer attempted repair, diagnosed as some type of relay on front passnger side failure. dealrer Unable to repair after two weeks holding car. dealer States parts no longer available on 2002 model. they will call if they happen to find part. can you provide any insight as to electrical part supply for this age luxury car. hard to belive electrical parts are not available from neither Infinity nor after market? can you comment?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What part is it that they are saying is no longer available? Can I get your Vin number so I can check for you on Tuesday?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay - VIN is JNKBF01A32M004343 on 2002 Infinity Q45. dealer did not provide a statement for latest repair effort that identified part name. They only provided a zero charge statement for the loaner car they provided. We have suspicion that during routine repairs they shorted something as the electrical problems co-occurred when they returned car to spouse after engine service work. They repaired a dash cluster light failure. They explained that the master lock and widow controls are located on driver LH side. They explained that a second controller or relay of some sort is housed on front passenger RH side armrest. They diagnosed that the relay or actuator on RH passenger side is faulty. It is this part that unavailable. oddly, key fob open driver door and trunk. window, side mirror and eclectic door lock operates on driver door only. I'm wondering if this may be a programming thing or a synchronization issue? We are trying to locate part aftermarket is fine. Thank you. Andy
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What is the name of the part that you are trying to locate?