Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My infiniti qx56 wont start. The start button is not

Customer Question

My infiniti qx56 wont start. The start button is not functioning correctly, the seats are not functioning correctly or the locks on the doors. I got out of it and about 30 minutes later my husband got in and it wouldn't start. I'm completely baffled. He seems to think its the battery, but I don't know. Right not on the message panel there is a image of a red vehicle flashing.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

if you press the start button two times with out stepping on the brake pedal does all the dash warning lights come on and ignition turn on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you try to start it, do the lights flicker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights on the dash come on. But the starter button does not properly function. Nor the seats or the locks. But I am able to lock and open it with the small control outside on the door handle, but there's a red car icon that is blinking. And the interior and exterior lights are coming on.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you try jump starting the truck to see if its a weak battery?