Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an 2004 g35. When I set the aLarm with my key fob the

Customer Question

I have an 2004 g35. When I set the aLarm with my key fob the horn just blared. I ended up pressing lock/unlock buttons to turn off horn...next day I now have a dead battery.
Changed battery...same thing
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Is this a coupe or sedan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sedan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you lock the car with your Remote, does the security light turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds then start to blink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Pressing and holding the Lock and Unlock button, does that turn the horn back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was scared but haven't tried yet. Just been locking doors from inside the car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Give it a try and let me know if the horn operation returns when you lock the car

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only other way to make horn sound go away is key in ignition
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean? When you cycle the key, and step out of the car, the horn operation stops working again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gave one honk...like it's locked
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

That is good. Now unlock it start the car, turn it off, and step away from the car and try the remote again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car didn't start...but lights come on. Alarm light in dash is blinking like alarm is set
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When the key is in the ON position, the alarm light is blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still blinks when ignition in the on position
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That tells me you may have a after market alarm. Can you take a picture of the light that is flashing when the key is in the ON position for me to see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the park light(yellow) not the whole light
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The parking lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2-3 times.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.. That verifies you have a After Market Alarm. To disable it you will need to locate the after market alarm control module and unplug the main plug to the control unit. The control unit for the after market alarm is normally located under the drivers side of the dash. Please keep in mind, there is no exact way to tell you where it's located since it is not factory. I am just saying where it normally is located.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New update! We have found out that if we turn the radio off BEFORE turning off and locking up the car...we don't have a dead battery at next start up. So...is it safe to say it's the radio that's draining the battery? We've been able to successfully start up the car if we turn the radio before turning off car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is good news. Good job isolating the draw. Radio's and Seat switches were fairly common to cause draws.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!