Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2011 ininiti g25x is not responsive thing. there is no

Customer Question

hi my 2011 ininiti g25x is not responsive for any thing. there is no power in any thing and would not start. i just checked the battery and it is ok
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How do you know the battery is good? Does anything turn on? Head lights ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We took the battery to O'reilly to check it. They say itvwas good. No lights at all. Nothing!!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most times when the car is totally dead like this, the start button was double tapped. But if the battery is good, then the only other thing it could be is a blown fusible link.

The main fusible link is located off the positive battery cable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/fusible%20link%201a.jpg

That is what the main fusible link looks like. If you look, it may not look blown. But if you remove it and inspect it from looking under the link, that is when you would see that it's blown. This is a dealer item only. Please remove and inspect the link for me

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Fusible%20link%201b.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this thing looks totally fine!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How many miles are on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12000
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

With only 12k mile, you may be under warranty. If you give me your vin number I can check for you.

Your Battery also has a 4 year or 60k mile warranty if it's the original battery. Does it have 6 small caps on the top of the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out of warranty. Don't you think it is a security issue?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Not at all. The security system won't keep the head lights from coming on or kill complete power through out the car.

That is either a Battery, Battery connection, Fusible link, or a starter connection issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is out of the question. The starter does not have anything to do with headlights., so we are down to battery connections and fusible link. I just drove 400 miles the day before yesterday. The next day car was dead! Which one would suspect more,
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The starter, if a wire connection is bad, it will shut down complete power of the car.

This maybe easier to help you if I can speak with you.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

do you still require help with this?