Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a few questions; I have my 2007 M35 at the dealership

Customer Question

I have a few questions;
I have my 2007 M35 at the dealership at this moment, they are stating my IT and PDU sensors need to be replaced. They say they are bad because I replaced the battery. I had to jump start my car to go buy the battery. Can a simple car battery installation cause the IT and PDU to damage? They are also stating a possible computer failure but cannot determine that until those two parts are replaced. Is there a certain procedure I needed follow before replacing the battery for this vehicle?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What I have seen when replacing the battery is if the ignition was left on, or the terminals were not installed in the proper sequence, it feeds back and damaged control units.

The way I check these cars when this has happened is I manually Power up the PDU so I can do a CAN communication check to see what control units will be required.

Most common that go when this happens is the IPDM, BCM, PDU and possibly Ecm. But once you power up the car manually, with the scanner you would be able to see which control units were damaged.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!