sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Fans will not come on when I turn the air conditioning they

Customer Question

fans will not come on when I turn the air conditioning they will come on when the car heats up to a point and they kick you in those fans so I know the motors are ok I had the system evacuated check for leaks and refilled so the freon is OK I have replaced the high and low pressure cut off switch and check the fan relays in the box on the passenger side where the relays are situated the car air conditioning works fine in the mornings when the car is cold but as the car heats up the air conditioning becomes less and less apparent and finally doesn't work at all
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the cooling fans do work but do not come on with the a/c then it's almost certainly not seeing enough pressure to command them on. The engine controller could be seeing an incorrect pressure or it's possible that pressure in the system is just that low.
Does the a/c cool correctly while driving but the compressor shuts off just after you come to a stop?