Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I change the bulbs in the infinity then they will come on

Customer Question

I change the bulbs in the infinity then they will come on for a second then go out immediately. so then I check the fuses no blown fuses. check the power going to the ballast have power, so I change the ballast out and still have the same problem. any ideas
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
G35
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are stock HID lights
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

What year G35 is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2003
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The Ballasts you installed, where did you get them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From eBay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Company called factory oem xenon
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ugh.. If you have power to the Ballast, and the bulb does not illuminate, the issue is either with the ballast, or the harness with inside the light from the ballast to the bulb.

Basically, the cheapest way I would recommend to resolve this is a Xenon head light kit. You get bulbs and ballasts and eliminate any of the factory stuff that may be bad. That is the way I would recommend you go.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that kit, the problem is because it already has factory led lights, there is no direct plug and play set up.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, you have to make your own, or hard wire it in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't imagine both side would fail at the same time.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If you have power at the ballasts, and the lights don't come on, I know it odd for both.. But that is the problem.
Thanks Jay!